No comments have been posted.
Everyone LOVES Deviled Eggs!
I LOVE them too, but I hate how quickly they disappear when I make them.
Watch my first cooking demo that I did live over the internet on Google+ Hangout On Air
You learn How to make a Deviled Egg Egg that will:
- dazzle and delight your guests
- last longer than regular deviled eggs
- be “healthier” because you serve it with veggie scoops
I’ll be doing more cooking and singing on Google+ Follow me there!
Here’s The Deviled Egg Egg RECIPE.
The Deviled Egg Egg will make your guests laugh and sing your praises, so I sang a little about deviled eggs too!
This originally aired Saturday February 2nd at 5pm (EST).
Please join me for the Super Bowl Plus Week of Champions Food Bloggers hangout and check out the folks who are doing cooking demos, too.
If you’d like to be on the panel for my demo there are 8 spaces available.
In order to participate:
- You have to be on Google+
- You need to have ear buds or a headset
- You have to reach out to me by leaving a comment on the event page!
If you want to just watch you can do so on The Deviled Egg Egg event page.
- 1 dozen extra large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- For the whites:
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, approximately
- white pepper
- kosher salt
- For the yolks:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks into two bowls, being careful to remove all the yolks from the whites. Wash the whites if they have yolks on them and dry with paper towels.
- Gently grate the egg whites into a third bowl on the medium sized side of a box grater. You must do this very carefully so you grate all the whites and don’t grate your fingers. I found myself almost pressing the egg through the grater holes. If you have a ricer that would be easier.
- Mix the egg whites with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, salt and white pepper to taste. You want this mixture to hold together, but not to be too moist.
- Mash the egg yolks and mix them with the mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, onion, celery, and mustard until the mixture is very smooth and creamy. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- On a platter, arrange the eggs whites in a mound and shape them into an oval shape, like a half an egg . Make an indentation in the center of the whites to hold the yolk mixture. Flatten the edges to make it look like the egg has been sliced.
- Pile or pipe the egg yolk mixture into the indentation on the egg white. Be careful not to spill any of the yolks on the whites. Use a spatula to shape the egg mixture in a mound and garnish with a sprinkling of paprika.
- Serve with a teaspoon and celery sticks, endive, slabs of carrots, crackers, etc.
Serve with your favorite deviled egg toppings on the side. I used my homemade sliced okra pickles, sliced pickled onions and sliced pickled green cherry tomatoes.
How to Make the Deviled Egg Egg
Everyone loves deviled eggs! I love them too, but I hate how quickly they disappear when I make them. Join me, Singing Chef Jackie Gordon, as I teach you how to make a Deviled Egg Egg.
Post a Comment
The commenting period has expired for this post.