Can You Hang Out With Your Fave Food Peeps And Feast For Four Hours Without Gaining An Ounce?
It ain’t likely… So why even try? Fat Buddhas are considered to be very good luck! So let’s get lucky!
Ken (@hungryrabbitnyc) and I (Jackie @divathatateny), hosted a Chinese New Year Pot Luck on February 12th. It was an invite-only event limited to 30 guests. Each guest brought an Asian dish they’ve made, a serving receptacle or platter and something to drink. We wished we had room for everybody and their Momma, but this is New York City folks!
Driscoll’s Berries and Chambord Liquer sponsored this event. Ken made Triple Ginger Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting. I made Year Of The Rabbit Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. We served Chambord Ginger Pomegranate Sparklers which were delicious!
It was an amazing feast! We had over 30 dishes and everyone brought their A game. It was plentiful and delicious.
Ken wrote a beautiful post on his blog: HungryRabbitNYC.com about the event.
Andrea from HighLowFoodDrink.com did a great post about her Chinese Sticky Cake recipe and the potluck.
Waisum took great pictures! See slide show on her Urban Blitz Flickr page!
Carol from Girl Gone Travel did a brilliant video post about the event.
Chinese New Year Pot Luck Menu
- Vietnamese Beef Rolls (appetizer), Prawn Crackers (appetizer), Year Of The Rabbit Chocolate Dipped Strawberries & Kumquats (dessert), Sesame Caramels (dessert) Jackie @divathatateny (Er…this is my website)
- Sesame Gold Nuggets (dessert), Triple Ginger Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting (dessert) Ken @HungryRabbitNYC http://hungryrabbitnyc.com/
- Chinese Sticky Cake (dessert) Andrea & Jeff @highlowfooddnk http://highlowfooddrink.com
- Eggplant Nam Prik (appetizer) April @aprilsomboun http://sophisticatedpalette.wordpress.com
- Shrimp & Ginger Skewers (appetizer) Jason
- Dumplings (side/main) Jenny @JennyHighlife http://newyork.grubstreet.com/
- Pork Belly (main) red cooked or both (side/main), Braised Bok Choy with Chinese MushroomsMargaret @SavorySweetLive http://savorysweetliving.com
- Pulled Pork with Asian Flavors & Hoisin BBQ Sauce (main) Grace @GracePiper http://fearlesscook.blogspot.com
- Cilantro Chili Slaw (side) Charles @charleshope http://pleasepassthegravy.com/
- Cold Sesame Noodles (side) Emily @EmilyHanhan http://nomnivorous.com/
- Scallion Pancakes (side) Waisum @urbanblitz http://www.flickr.com/photos/urbanblitz/
- Red Cooked Pork with Lotus Buns Cilantro & Scallions (main) Kian @redcooking http://www.redcook.net/
- Asian Greens with Oyster Sauce (side) Thong @ningkiling http://www.ningkiling.com/
- Pork & Chive Dumplings (side/main) Laura
- Chicken & Mushroom Dumplings (appetizer) Esther @estheribrown http://www.yallhungary.com/
- Braised Lotus Root (side/main), Chirashi (side/main) Mariko
- Asian Inspired Pot Pie (main) Nichelle @niche http://nichefood.tumblr.com
- Fish Cakes with Korean Red Pepper Paste (appetizer) Mel @SizzleMel http://strictlyeating.wordpress.com/
- Banh Mi sandwiches with pate and pork or chicken (side/main) Christine @FreshLocalBest http://freshlocalandbest.blogspot.com/
- Sichuan Dry-Fried Green Beans (side) Jennifer @cucinapovera http://www.marthastewart.com
- Chocolate Bark (dessert) Bacon Fried Rice (side) Cathy http://marcechocolate.com/
- Edamame(snack) Clementines (snack) Paul & Frances
- Korean Bean Sprouts (side) Carol @NYCityMama http://nycitymama.com/
- Chicken & Corn Soup (appetizer) Jessica @foodmayhem http://www.foodmayhem.com/
- RICE! We are making white rice!
- 1/2 oz. Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 3/4 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- 1/4 tsp. finely minced ginger
- 3 oz. Sparkling Wine or Champagne
Directions: In a cocktail shaker with ice, shake the ginger with the Chambord and pomegranate juice. Strain ingredients into a chilled champagne flute and top off with the sparkling wine or champagne. Garnish with a slice of candied ginger.