I could marry an anchovy. I LOVE THEM! I like radishes, but we we’re not talking nuptials… until now.
I was searching for antipasto ideas for my Chocabaret success party and I came across a recipe for cold radishes in an anchovy and garlic paste. It sounded good, but I forgot to buy the radishes and I ran out of time.
When I was racking my brain, two days later, for tapas ideas, the radishes popped up. BUT, I thought how much better it would be to roast the radishes. Roasting softens the flavor and makes them sweeter which would contrast well with the saltiness of the anchovies.
- 1 bunch of radishes (about a dozen), halved
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced thin
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh rosemary, minced
- squeeze of lemon juice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss radishes with olive oil, anchovies and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay radishes, cut side down on sheet pan and roast for ten minutes or until they are tender.
- Toss with rosemary, lemon juice and drizzle of good extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
You can add more anchovies or garlic to this dish and it would be even better