You can follow a recipe and eat very well, or do your own thing and eat EXACTLY what you want, which I think is even better. I’m a rule-breaker and I encourage you to do the same. You can put anything in this Franken-salad. Just make sure the colors contrast as you build it and expect GASPS from your guests.
- Egg, hard boiled and sliced in halves or quarters
- Avocado, cubed
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Chicken breast, smoked, cubed
- Red onion, sliced in rounds (to be served on the side)
- Shropshire blue cheese, crumbled
- Ham, cubed
- Red cabbage, sliced thin
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Celery, chopped
- Carrots, julienned
- Yellow peppers, sliced
- Green beans, trimmed, cooked and sliced into lengths
- Radishes, shaved thin
- Kale, washed, dried and shredded
- Mixed greens, washed and dried
- Mustard Tarragon Vinaigrette or your favorite vinaigrette
- Cut your veggies and meats as you like.
- Place greens on a platter or in a glass baking dish.
- Think about contrasting the colors as you arrange the ingredients in rows widthwise over the greens.
Yield: Figure on a quart of salad person and prep accordingly