Cucumbers and radishes get a spring in their step when mixed with a tarragon and Dijon mustard vinaigrette.
- 1 recipe Mustard Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin (I used a mandoline)
- 3 ounces red radishes, julienned
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 ounces red onions, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon (more or less as you like)
- 1/2 cup Mustard Tarragon Vinaigrette or your favorite vinaigrette with a tablespoon of dijon mustard mixed in.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the vegetables and onion with the kosher salt and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly by pressing into a colander to remove excess liquid. You can freeze and save the liquid for making stock. Mix in the herbs, vinaigrette, and pepper. Add more salt to taste.
Yield: 4 servings