Garlic chips and garlic dust are a garlic freaks wet dream. I like to sprinkle them on salads, vegetables, sandwiches, chicken wings and more. You can crumble them on buttered popcorn.
- 10 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup peanut, grape seed oil or another oil that is good for frying
- Slice the garlic, thin, sprinkle with kosher salt and set on paper towels for at least ten minutes.
- Pat garlic dry. Heat oil over medium heat, in a medium skillet and fry garlic until just turning gold (it will continue to cook and you don’t want to burn it). Remove garlic with a slotted spoon and return to clean paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Cool and save oil to use another time.
- Use chips as is or make dust by chopping the chips into dust.
Yield: 1/2 cup of garlic chips approximately. About a 1/4 cup of garlic dust.