Rainbow chard and yellow peppers add the beauty to this recipe and the dynamic duo of garlic and flowering garlic chives adds the flavor.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces yellow onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces garlic chives, cut in 1” lengths
- 1 pound whole baby rainbow chard leaves, washed or large rainbow chard leaves, chopped roughly
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place a medium skillet, over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, then add garlic and yellow peppers and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add garlic chives and baby rainbow chard to skillet and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Continue to sauté, for 3 minutes until, stirring constantly until chard is wilted.
- Remove chard from the skillet to the serving dish.
Yield: 6 servings