After I made these, I realized that I didn’t actually slow-roast them. I semi-slow-roasted them. The trick with them is to attempt not to eat them all once. Try to make enough so you have some to save.
- 5 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (I use a lot)
- Preheat oven to 300°. Lightly salt the garlic and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix the garlic with the remaining ingredients in a shallow roasting pan. Shake the pan so tomatoes lie in one single layer. Bake for approximately 30 minutes shaking the pan every ten minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
Yield: 1.5 cups
I store the tomatoes in a glass container. They last that way for a few weeks. To ensure freshness you could cover them with more olive oil.