I first tasted this maple vinaigrette on a endive salad at Dominion Tavern in Montreal in 2011. I never forgot it. It’s perfect for every day.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix maple syrup, shallots, mustard vinegar and olive oil in a jar. Put on the lid and shake until the dressing is emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: about 1 cup
Use real maple syrup and the best Dijon mustard you can find. I like Laurent Du Clos brand of mustard. It has a bite!