This Potato, Cauliflower & Green Bean Salad in a Dijon Basil Vinaigrette is perfect for a picnic since it gets better the longer it sits.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound Russet potatoes, sliced and steamed
- 1/2-pound cauliflower florets, steamed
- 1/2-pound string beans, steamed
- 3 ounces sliced red onions
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a 2 cup container with a lid, shake the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, basil, and garlic until it is emulsified. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, mix the potatoes, cauliflower, green beans and red onions with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. If you let it sit before serving give it a quick taste in case it needs more salt and pepper.
Yield: 2 pounds
I used orange cauliflower for this salad, but you can use another color or substitute in other vegetables as you prefer.