Pudim Molotov is a gluten-free Portuguese dessert with an egg white flan base that’s often served with a caramel sauce. I put a Japanese spin on my version.The link to egg white flan recipe I used and my additional ingredients are below.
- 1 recipe Creme Anglaise Vanilla Custard Sauce
- 1 recipe Caramelized Black Sesame Seed Almonds
- 1 recipe Matcha - Green Tea Cream Sauce
- Egg White Flan in the Pudim Molotov recipe under Notes/Comment section.
- Ginger Ice Cream (optional)
- Make an egg white flan, according to this recipe under Notes/Comment. Do not make the sauce.
- Pour enough Crème Anglaise to coat a platter that has an edge and is at least 11” in diameter or larger.
- Place the Pudim in the center.
- Put the Matcha (Green Tea) Cream Sauce in a squeeze bottle or in a small plastic bag that’s closed tightly with a rubber band and with a tiny amount removed from one corner of the bag to create a 1/8” hole. Drizzle the sauce over the flan and the Crème Anglaise.
- Place the almonds on and around the flan. You can insert them into the sides of the flan since it’s soft.
- Serve sliced with extra Crème Anglaise and Matcha (Green Tea) Cream Sauce and ginger ice cream.
Yield: Serves 8
Egg White Flan (don’t make the sauce in the recipe, just the egg white base.)
I used store-bought ice cream, but you can make your own or not serve it.