These shortbread cookies are very fine, due to the confectioner’s sugar. They are delicious plain or used as the base of a filled cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 °.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Gently stir in flour and salt.
- Shape dough into balls and press flat between sheets of waxed paper. Chill for one hour.
- Cut with cookie cutters or shape as you like.
- Bake on parchment lined sheet pans for 20-25 minutes.
Yield: Depends on the size of the cookies you make them.