Chocabaret: a tasting of artisan chocolates matched to songs with Singing Chef Jackie Gordon
Chocabaret: a tasting of artisan chocolates matched to songs with singing chef Jackie Gordon is a cross between a chocolate tasting and a cabaret show. Jackie leads the audience through a tasting the Divalicious Diva Collection of assorted chocolate bon-bons each one is based on a singer, designed by Jackie. As guests taste each bon-bons, Jackie sings a tune made famous by the singer.
While chocolate stirs their taste buds and music stirs their souls, guests learn the art of tasting chocolate; how chocolate is made from bean-to-bar; and tidbits of chocolate history. After each taste and song combination, Jackie and the audience chat about the chocolate and guests can rate and score the bon-bons according to their taste.
For Chocabaret, the room is set up cabaret-style with round tables facing the stage. There are individual plates of chocolates for each guest as well as a score sheet, rating scale and flavor wheel. The table is set with cacao beans, nibbling chocolate, pitchers of water, and palate cleansers.
Jackie can customize Chocabaret to highlight any selection of chocolates.
Chocolate selection from Chocabaret at the Metropolitan featuring all New York artisan chocolate makers
- Roni-Sue Chocolates (NYC): Manhattan bonbon
- Fruition Chocolate (Shokan, NY): Toasted White and Classic Milk chocolate buttons
- Fika Choklad (NYC) Elvis themed Chocolate Banana bonbon in a gold skull shell
- Bond Street Chocolate (NYC) Espresso bonbon
- Fine & Raw Chocolate (Brooklyn, NY) 78% raw chocolate
- Oliver Kita Chocolates (Rhinebeck, NY) Galaxy Way bonbon
- Lagusta’s Luscious (New Paltz, NY) Red Wine & Juniper bonbon
- Raaka Chocolate (Brooklyn, NY): Porter Beer chocolate bar
- Hudson Chocolates (Poughkeepsie, NY): Spiced Corn Nut bonbon
- Divalicious Chocolate (that’s me): White and Black Sesame chocolate bark