A simple salad dressing made with preserved lemons, olive oil and aromatic spices
- 1/2 preserved lemon peel and pulp, pureed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a mini food processor, fitted with the steel knife, purée the preserved lemon or mince it finely with a knife.
- In a dry, heavy frying pan toast cumin and coriander seeds until they release a scent, about 1 minute, then remove from the pan and crushed them with a mortar and pestle.
- Put seeds and reaming ingredients in the food processor and processor to incorporate. Adjust seasoning.
Yield: about 1 cup