This is my go-to chocolate frosting. I could give the person who came up with the idea of mixing chocolate and cream a big, sloppy wet one.
This is what I put on my Chocolate Cupcake recipe.
Sensuous… That’s how the combo of chocolate and cream feels on your tongue. Naked… This frosting is very simple so there’s nowhere to hide mediocre ingredients.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 6 ounces semisweet/bittersweet chocolate
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Chop chocolate in a food processor fitted with the steel knife until fine.
- In a small saucepan, mix heavy cream with espresso powder, if using and heat over medium heat until tiny bubbles appear at the edge of sauce pan.
- With food processor running, pour the hot cream into feed tube. After 2 minutes, stop and scrape the sides and edges of the bowl and the blade, then continue to process until the chocolate is completely melted. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Beat in butter until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Enough frosting for 12 cupcakes
Check out my Jackie Gordon Singing Chef YouTube Channel
I’ll be doing more cooking and singing on Google+ Circle me there!