Homemade peppermint cream chunks, crushed candy canes and crisp rice in dark chocolate clusters that look just like coal.
- 1 1/2 pounds of dark chocolate, tempered
- 2 cups of crisp rice cereal
- 1 recipe of peppermint patty centers, cut into 1/4” squares
- 1/2 cup of finely crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- Have ready a sheet pan lined with waxed or parchment paper, two teaspoons and a rubber spatula.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, peppermint squares and half the crushed candy canes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of chocolate in a small bowl and cover to retain heat.
- Quickly fold the rice mixture into the remaining chocolate until just incorporated. Don’t overmix or the chocolate will start to set.
- Spoon teaspoons of the chocolate mixture on the waxed paper.
- Drizzle with the “coal” with the remaining chocolate and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
Yield: 40 clusters