When I buy garlic chives at the market, they give me so many I have make up dishes to use them up. This was a winner
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, washed,1” dice
- 6 fresh Chinese mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 bunch garlic chives, sliced into 1” lengths including buds
- Pecorino cheese (optional), grated or shaved
- Olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place a medium skillet, over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add potatoes and top with a lid for 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir the potatoes. Cook for five minutes more.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and mushrooms are cooked, then add the garlic chives. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the skillet to the serving dish and top with cheese if using.
Yield: 4 servings
You can substitute rehydrated Chinese mushrooms if you can’t find the fresh ones. You can also use your favorite mushrooms instead or a combination of mushrooms.