A dark chocolate bark encrusted with toasted black & white sesame seed and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- 1 recipe How To Temper Chocolate
- 1 pound of bittersweet chocolate buttons or pieces
- 1/3 pound bittersweet chocolate, block or bars
- 3 ounces sesame seeds, white and black, lightly toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Temper chocolate (see recipe below).
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Pour the tempered chocolate on the paper, spreading it evenly with an offset spatula or a silicone scraper. Reserve a couple of tablespoons of the chocolate to drizzle top of the sesame seeds on the bark.
- Immediately sprinkle the bark evenly with the sesame seeds. Holding the edges of the pan firmly tap the sheet pan a few times on the counter to level the chocolate and settle the sesame seats.
- Drizzle the bark with remaining chocolate and sprinkle it evenly with sea salt. If you’re working in a cool space (around 60 F° or lower) allow it to cool. If you’re working in a warm space, snap cool the bark in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- When the bark is completely cooled break it into pieces.
Yield: 1 1/4 pound of chocolate bark