This is one of the first recipes that I made repeatedly which is why it inspired the first RECI-TEE t-shirt I designed. In the Stone Age, as I refer to my youth, I thought it was very clever of me to chop up Hershey’s milk and dark chocolate bar and mix them into the batter for these.
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir till melted. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture - do not over beat. Stir milk and dark chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9” x 9” pan. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the brownies are set, but not dry. Cool.
- Cut into 16 (4 by 4) squares.
Yield: Makes 16 brownies