Creamy peppermint centers, dipped in chocolate and they’re vegan to boot!
- 1/2 pound confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 pound tempered dark chocolate for dipping
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, blend together sugar, coconut oil and peppermint oil.
- For shapes: Press mixture between two sheets of waxed paper and roll to 1/4” thickness. Freeze for 1/2 hour. Cut with a cookie cutter.
- For rounds: chill mixture for 1/2 hour, then roll into preferred sized balls and flatten into patties.
- Dip in chocolate. Drizzle with chocolate to garnish.
Yield: Yield depends on the size of the patties.
Peppermint extract is not as powerful as peppermint oil. You can substitute, but the flavor will not be as minty.
Another garnishing option is to sprinkle the patties with crushed candy cane before the chocolate hardens.