My lemon curd goes POW! It’s a delicious balance of sweet and tart for making tarts, filling cookies and cakes and crêpes, adding to parfaits and more. Or you could just eat it on toast!
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 - 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 lemons, juice and grated rind
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (sometimes I leave this out)
- Mix ingredients together in a double boiler over simmering water. Water should not touch the bottom of the top layer of the double boiler.
- Cook the curd until thick and creamy, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 cups
You can substitute oranges or limes.