The flavors of fall in the Northeast abound in these Maple Sugar and Pink Salted Cranberry Orange Walnut Chocolate Clusters.
- 2 cups of crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons diced candied orange rind
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 pound of semi-sweet chocolate, tempered or chocolate coating, melted
- flaky sea salt ( I used Australian pink salt)
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine crisp rice cereal, walnuts, candied orange rind and dried cranberries
- Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with waxed paper or parchment paper. Have ready two teaspoons and a rubber spatula.
- Quickly fold the crisp rice and fruit mixture into chocolate. Don’t overmix or the chocolate will start to set.
- Moving quickly, place teaspoons of the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet leaving about 1-inch between them. Put them in the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes. Store in a airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: 30 1' clusters