This is a lovely salad that I originally had in Montreal, at the Dominion Square Tavern, in the dead of winter in 2012. It’s a long way from New York so I had to make my own version.
- 3 endives, sliced into rounds
- 1 apple, sliced into thin wedges (I used a Honeycrisp)
- 1 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 3 ounces hazelnut halves, candied or toasted
- 1/4 pound of blue cheese, crumbled
- Recipe for Maple Vinaigrette
- Recipe for Fast Candied Nuts
- In a medium bowl, toss together endives, apples, chives with 1/4 cup of Maple Vinaigrette or more to taste, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top with blue cheese and nuts.
Yield: 4 servings
You can substitute different nuts. I think the original version had pecans on it and walnuts would be wonderful too.