- 8 cups assorted white vegetables (cauliflower is a must if you want to use it decorate that plate as I did)
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup creamy Parmesan dressing (recipe follows)
- Shred the vegetables, on a mandoline, or slice them thinly.
- Set aside thinly sliced cauliflower to fan around the plate. (You could use another vegetable, symmetrically cut and displayed, but cauliflower looks best.)
- Mix the vegetables with kosher salt, white pepper and Creamy Parmesan Dressing.
- Arrange salad by fanning the cauliflower in a circle and piling remaining salad in the middle of the plate.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
I used white vegetables (parsnips, fennel, cauliflower, Jerusalem artichoke and jicama), but you could also use other fruits and veggies like white radishes, endive, kohlrabi, pears, Vidalia onions, cabbage, apples, celeriac, white asparagus, cooked potatoes, daikon radish, white mushrooms, etc.
The white salad stands out beautifully on a dark platter. How gorgeous would it look against thinly sliced red, yellow and purple roasted beets?